Community Partner Resources
Community Partners are encouraged to participate in NCTC’s Service Learning Initiative. By establishing a partnership between academia and service organizations, students provide help addressing community needs while gaining experience in real world settings.
How can my organization benefit from Service Learning?
Community-based organizations participating in Service Learning can benefit in a number of ways:
- Human Resource: Gain additional human resources needed to achieve organizational goals
- Energy: Energetic and motivated students can bring new energy, enthusiasm, and perspectives into the organization
- Growth: Service Learning students will share their experiences with friends and classmates
- Awareness: Increase public awareness about community organizations and the services they provide
- Support: Gain additional reach to local students, faculty, staff and their families
- Educate: Organizations can share their expertise with students and help prepare today's students to be tomorrow's civic leaders
- Networking: Join the network of other organizations and agencies involved in Service Learning
Organization Requirements & Responsibilities
As a community partner, requirements to participate include the following:
- Be a local non-profit organization, public school, or city/government agency.
- Provide supervision for the on-site student placements. Off-site service may be approved for indirect service. Examples of indirect service include preparing fliers, or research, etc.
- Track the student’s hours of service and sign the student’s service verification form once their requirements are complete. As a graduation requirement, all students are required to complete a minimum of 8 hours Service Learning during their time at NCTC. These hours do not need to be consecutive.
How does an organization become a Service Learning partner?
Ready to become a service agency partner? If your organization is interested in partnering with NCTC’s Service Learning program, please fill out our online sign-up form.
Agency Sign-Up »