- Credits: 60
- Degree Type: A.A.S.
- Campus: East Grand Forks, Thief River Falls
Program Learner Outcomes
- Student will complete accounting simulations using appropriate software such as: integrated accounting software, spreadsheets, and other business software applications.
- Student will analyze and apply accounting concepts to service and merchandising organizations.
- Student will apply current accounting principles to cost and managerial accounting practices.
- Student will integrate basic business law concepts to the practice of entry-level accounting.
- Student will prepare and process payroll records and reports in compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Student will prepare financial statements according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Student will perform financial statements analysis to measure liquidity, solvency and profitability.
- Student will demonstrate knowledge of accounting issues for corporate entities.
- Student will interpret the Internal Revenue Code for individual, partnership, and business tax returns.
- Student will apply effective professional communication skills in written documents, oral discussions, and class presentations.