1. Graduates will have a general understanding of the scientific basis of dietetics, exposure to research literature, and application to technical practice.
2. Graduates will access and evaluate patient education materials and consumer information for implementation to determine if it is consistent with accepted scientific evidence.
3. Graduates will develop effective oral, written, and non-verbal communication in a culturally competent manner that is consistent with the scope of Dietetics Practice and Code of Ethics for the profession of dietetics.
4. Graduates will establish collaborative relationships within team and professional settings, including other healthcare and support personnel.
5. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to develop and deliver information, products and services to individuals, groups, and populations at the dietetic technician level of practice.
6. Graduates will apply management, supervisory, and systems principles in the provision of services to individuals and organizations.
7. Graduates will demonstrate self-assessment and goal development as part of a professional development plan within the Dietetic Profession.