1. Support child development and learning by identifying the unique developmental characteristics and needs of children birth to age eight.
2. Identify the importance of building family and community partnerships with attention to integrating knowledge of cultural diversity the supports child development and learning.
3. Demonstrate developmentally appropriate observations and assessments strategies needed to support childrenâ€™s learning.
4. Recognize the importance of an appropriate, safe, healthy learning environment.
Examine the role guidance has in creating a positive learning environment.
5. Demonstrate effective communication skills and knowledge of professional standards, associations, licensures, and related laws governing early childhood education.
6. Identify learning opportunities in infant/toddler environment.
7. Demonstrate the impact No Child Left Behind has had on education.