CMAE 1562 - Oxyfuel Welding
This course covers the use of oxyfuel equipment while welding, cutting, brazing, and using the Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC) and Air Carbon Arc Cutting (CAC-A) processes. There will also be an introduction to laser cutting equipment. Time will be spent discussing safety while developing skills using thermal welding and cutting processes. Welding and brazing will be performed in the flat and horizontal positions. All cutting will be performed in the flat position. Written and fundamental tests will be completed in accordance with American Welding Society AWS codes and standards.
1. Demonstrate the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during welding.
2. Demonstrate safety habits consistent with industry standards and college policy.
3. Operate oxyacetylene welding and cutting equipment according to industry standards and ractices.
4. Differentiate oxyacetylene fusion welding, brazing, and soldering processes.
5. Determine weld joints, positions, and types to perform oxyfuel welds.
6. Differentiate plasma cutting (PAC), laser cutting, and air carbon arc (CAC-A) processes.
7. Demonstrate cutting operations with oxyfuel hand torch, motorized track torch, carbon arc cuttin CAC-A , and CMC lasma arc cuttin consistent with indust standards.
8. (IL0: 3) Examine the oxyacetylene welding and cutting applications used in current indust ractices.