Recent CDC guidance indicates counties with substantial or high transmission rates are, once again, requiring the wearing of face coverings. Beginning Tuesday, August 10, face coverings are required for all persons in indoor public spaces at Northland.
LEARN MORE »
Location: East Grand Forks
Hours: Monday-Thursday 2:00p.m. - 10:30p.m.; Friday 9:30a.m. - 6:00p.m.
Northland Community and Technical College seeks a full-time unlimited General Maintenance Worker. The General Maintenance Worker’s responsibilities include:
Maintain Northland Community and Technical College’s buildings in neat clean condition.
1) Sweep, mop, scrub, wax, or otherwise clean assigned area either by machine or manually.
2) Clean restrooms and shower rooms.
3) Move, dust, rearrange, or make minor repairs to furniture.
4) Wash windows, skylights, ceilings, and walls.
5) Haul trash and refuse to pick-up points.
6) Oversee set-up and take down of activities.
7) Keep work carts clean and orderly.
8) Conduct security inspection of assigned area prior to end of shift.
Perform repair and maintenance duties as assigned.
1) Make minor repairs to buildings and equipment.
2) Maintain lawnmowers, trucks, tractors, and other mechanical equipment.
3) Aid in carpet removal and floor preparation.
4) Assist in demolition of construction areas.
5) Assist in the building of walls and hanging of ceilings.
6) Perform minor plumbing when needed.
7) Assist Electrician in Electrical projects.
8) Assist in maintaining HVAC Equipment.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Physical health and endurance sufficient to perform work functions:
$15.24 - $21.56 hourly
East Grand Forks
You are strongly encouraged to submit as an attachment your cover letter and resume online at http://mn.gov/mmb/careers, as paper applications will not be accepted. Apply for this position online using the following Job ID 46571.
Open until filled, applications will be screened as they are submitted.
August 1, 2021
Why Work For Us:
At Northland Community and Technical College, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include sick leave, personal leave, Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
If you have questions about the position, contact Becky Sarff, Human Resources Technician, at email@example.com or (218) 793-2407.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Northland Community & Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status. Northland College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.