Steps to Apply
The following processes are required in order to enroll at Northland. In addition to submitting the required documents, applicants must either complete an assessment or be eligible for an assessment waiver. Some programs may have additional requirements for admission.
- 1Complete & Submit an Online Application
You can now complete your application in any order and save your work and come back to it later - even from a different computer! Check your application over carefully before sending it.
Please note the following:
- Upon submission of your application, you will be informed of additional requirements needed to complete your admission. Be sure to fulfill these requirements in addition to submitting your application by the posted deadlines.
- You will receive an email notification with your Student ID number.
- Click the "Start Online Application for Admission" button below to begin.
- If you are denied admission, please see the Admissions Procedure for appealing an admissions decision.
Start Your Online Application for Admission »
Steps to Enroll
- 1Send Northland Your College Transcripts
- Have official transcripts sent from ALL colleges attended outside of the Minnesota State System. Many colleges require a fee prior to mailing out an official transcript. You may wish to contact the college(s) you have attended to inquire about a possible transcript fee.
- 2Contact Northland admissions to inquire if an assessment is required.
- 3Complete Immunization Form (if applicable)
- The Immunization Record for Students Attending Post-Secondary Schools in Minnesota form is designed to provide the school with information required by law and will be available for review by the Minnesota Department of Health and the local community health agency. Minnesota law (M.S. 135A.14) requires proof that all students born after 1956 are vaccinated against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella, allowing for certain specified exemptions.
- 4Complete an Out of State Reciprocity Application Form
- 5File for Financial Aid
- You may also Apply for Financial Aid Online. The Federal Financial Aid school code number for both the East Grand Forks and Thief River Falls campuses for financial aid purposes is 002385.
- 6Check Your Application Status
- You may sign-in to your account periodically to check the status of your application. Additionally, you should receive a letter from Northland within two weeks of your application submission.